Dear Patients and Families:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot and is looking forward to starting normal habits and routines again soon. As we welcome you back to our office, we want to reassure you that our commitment to your orthodontic care and safety is our number one priority.
As always, we are following the most recent infection control guidelines from the CDC and our professional organizations to keep you, our other patients, and our staff, safe. We have added some safety controls on top of our normal procedures for added precaution and want to make sure you know what to expect as you return to see us.
As you plan for your visit please make note of the following to ensure everyone’s care and safety.
- You will need to answer wellness screening questions before your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth at home before your appointment as our tooth brushing station is closed.
- We ask that everyone who enters the office wear a face covering or mask which should be worn at all times other than when we are actively working in their mouths.
- We will take your temperature before your appointment and ask you to use the hand sanitizer that we have available when you come into the office
- We ask that the patient come into the office alone. If necessary, one caregiver or family member may come in with the patient. We will ask you to wait in your car instead of the waiting room.
- We are allowing more time between appointments to manage social distancing between patients and allow for enhanced infection control procedures.
- We have removed hard-to-disinfect items in the waiting room to make it easier to clean all common areas frequently during the day.
- You will see that all staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks.
- Social distancing, whenever possible, will be practiced so there may be other changes as we try to keep to six feet apart.
Thank you for your understanding and being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients and their families.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this process. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Laura Edwards, Abbie Schaerfer, and the
Edwards and Schaefer Orthodontics Team